***KiSS are recruiting Campus Ambassadors***
What’s it all about?
This is an exciting opportunity to raise awareness of KiSS within the student population of your University whilst gaining some vital experience for your CV.
What does it involve?
- The main objective of your role is fundraising and raising awareness of KiSS
- We ask for a commitment to the role for one year
- Hopefully you’ll link in with your student union to promote KiSS, its vision and activities
What makes a good ambassador?
- You could be in any year but ideally you have attended your University for minimum one year in order to use your connections through societies, departments and other organisations
- Have bucket loads of passion for KiSS and what we do
- Have the focus and commitment to bring this role to life
- Have the confidence to build relationships and to be a proactive member of your University network.
Why should you apply?
- You will be playing a key role in the growth of KiSS
- Have the fantastic opportunity to attend a KICA trip to Uganda at cost price
- The skills you will develop will help you in your future career; written and oral communications skills, leadership skills, stakeholder management skills.
- The benefit of having an extracurricular activity on your CV.
- References for future job applications from the charity Trustees
- Opportunity to be paired with a mentor from financial, educational, digital marketing, medical and construction industries.
What support will you get?
- Support from the Campus Coordinators Team
- Support from the campus ambassador network
- Receive a briefing meeting with KiSS trustees.
- A small budget to get you started.
- Provided with a supply of publicity materials.
Hear what our current Campus Ambassadors have to say
Izzy Boulton, Cardiff University
“Being a KiSS Campus Ambassador this year has been the perfect role for me to spread the word of a charity that I old so close to my heart. As I became a CA going into my first year of university it was quite daunting to think that I would be relying on help from people I hadn’t even met yet to fundraise. Joining my course netball team and making friends with the people I lived with meant that I had a great group of people who always offered their help and support in what I was doing and that was so motivating when you seem to be doing it all on your own!
Throughout the year I hosted a charity meal for the KiSS Big Weekend where my friends donated money in return for a meal. I also hosted a cake sale in my Journalism Building where my course mates, lecturers and seminar leaders bought cake and found out more about KiSS. The Campus Ambassadors Facebook group allowed us all to compare ideas, share advice and encourage one another in our fundraising. I look forward to further fundraising with the Campus Ambassador project in my second year! “
“Approaching the role, I knew that I really wanted to integrate KiSS into the University of Nottingham, my first main aim was to set up a KiSS society get as many people involved in helping the fundraising, to gain access to the university’s incredible support and ultimately to build a long lasting connection in Nottingham for KiSS. Our first objective was to then spread the word! It was key to let those around me know of the amazing work that KiSS does and how the charity can be so personal to you as an individual. I did this by hosting small meetings with other students from hall groups where I shared the personal stories that I encountered in Kasambya.
I have a really strong committee who are so dedicated to the work of KiSS, and we came together to decide how we could get people involved. Our first idea was a secret santa themed initiative where we asked people to donate toys/ gifts to donate to the children KiSS supports. The response was amazing, especially as the society was so new in Nottingham. I think people really responded well to the idea of offering a personal gift rather than handing over money and that they then recognised the key connection KiSS has to the children they work with.”
Sign me up! How do I apply?
You can either submit a written application or a video application. If submitting a video please note this should be 2 minutes max and detail why you would like to do this role and how you would bring it to life
Please submit your application form here!